What acne means?
Acne is a common skin condition where the pores of your skin become blocked by hair, sebum (an oily substance), bacteria and dead skin cells. Those blockages produce blackheads, whiteheads, nodules and other types of pimples. If you have acne, know you’re not alone. It’s the most common skin condition that people experience. It’s estimated that 80% of people ages 11 to 30 will have at least a mild form of acne, and most people are affected by it at some point in their lives.
Where and Who does acne affect?
Acne most commonly affects the face, neck, and back. It is most common among teens and preteens due to changes in body chemistry during the period of development known as puberty, but adults can also get acne.
What are the types of acne?
Acne causes several types of lesions, or pimples. Doctors refer to enlarged or plugged hair follicles as comedones. Types of acne include:
- Whiteheads: Plugged hair follicles that stay beneath the skin and produce a white bump.
- Blackheads: Plugged follicles that reach the surface of the skin and open up. They look black on the skin surface because the air discolors the sebum, not because they are dirty.
- Papules: Inflamed lesions that usually appear as small, pink bumps on the skin and can be tender to the touch.
- Pustules or pimples: Papules topped by white or yellow pus-filled lesions that may be red at the base.
- Nodules: Large, painful solid lesions that are lodged deep within the skin.
- Severe nodular acne (sometimes called cystic acne): Deep, painful, pus-filled lesions.
What causes acne?
Doctors and researchers believe that one or more of the following can lead to the development of acne:
- Excess or high production of oil in the pore.
- Buildup of dead skin cells in the pore.
- Growth of bacteria in the pore.
How to overcome acne?
Acne is a very frustrating thing to deal with, but it is also very common. There are many different causes of acne and many different types, but in most cases the result is the same. Acne is a painful and unsightly skin condition that most people don't like to talk about because it makes them feel bad about themselves. But acne is nothing to be ashamed of and it is nothing that you should be embarrassed about. There are many different ways to treat acne, and there are many different ways to prevent it as well. If you want to get ride permanently then go ahead with Roopayur Products – 100% Ayurvedic treatment, made with all natural intgredients.